Friday, you are here finally! TGIF. Whoop!
Last Night’s Dinner
Last night was low-key: I had the house, animals and the television all to myself.
As for dinner, I became panicked when I saw that I still had four boxes of salad to eat in my fridge – next to the two bags of broccoli from my crazy Costco trip! I knew right then and there that salad was for dinner before it would get wilty and gross.
I topped it with shredded chicken tenderloin (perfect after dropping them in the slow cooker for a few hours) mixed with bbq sauce. Speaking of bbq sauce – why have I not been using this all along on my chicken?! I am so getting ideas now about incorporating the yummy sauce on future meals. Mmm.
Post dinner, I nibbled on some frozen grapes (unpictured) before my eyelids grew too heavy … at 9:30 pm. I am one crazy party animal, aren’t I! 😉
After a restful night’s sleep, I started my morning with a cup of Joe with soy creamer. Spot the cats! (Why do cats prefer boxes from Costco over all the toys and kitty condos you pay $$$ for?)
I sipped a few good gulps, put the leash on Bruno, and went out into the humid morning to complete this workout again:
After successfully completing Week 3 three times, I normally would move on, but I think the dog might need another week. He is just starting to have fun with it, though he seemed over it with the third interval today. I’m thinking one more week will do the trick. 🙂
i whipped up something a little different for breakfast today:
Ezekiel Bread French Toast topped with a cinnamon Greek Yogurt. It was pretty tasty!
Ezekiel Bread French Toast
2 slices Ezekiel Bread Cinnamon Raisin Bread, sliced diagonally
1 egg or 2 egg whites, beaten or 1/4 cup egg substitute
1 tbsp milk or unsweetened almond milk
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
Many shakes of cinnamon (more or less according to your taste)
3 oz Greek Yogurt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (omit if yogurt is flavored)
1 tsp sweetener (honey, Splenda, stevia, etc. Omit if yogurt is already sweetened)
Many shakes of cinnamon (more of less according to your taste)
- Grease a medium pan with oil spray and heat over a medium flame.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients and stir well.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir well.
- Place a triangle or two of the bread and let soak for 30 seconds, turning the piece over to soak the other side. When the pan sizzles to water droplets, place the triangles onto the pan, cooking until the bottom is stiff. Turn over to cook the other side. When cooked, place on a plate and repeat until all slices are dipped and cooked.
- After all the bread is cooked, spread topping over it and enjoy! (Hint: sprinkle a few chia seeds for staying power)
After breakfast, I jumped into the shower and immediately took off to my hairdresser’s for an appointment. Today’s do was something I hadn’t done in about five years – color!
I admit, it was a bit shocking to see the result after my hair was dried and styled. I chose a tint only on the bottom half of my hair – an “ombre” look my hairdresser called it, I think? I tried my best to choose the most subtle color I could find, but it was still a little too light for my taste. Maybe it just takes some getting used to?
Right after I got home it was rush rush rush to go out the door again! It was also time for lunch – thankfully I already had both chicken and salad prepped the night before.
I dumped some shredded chicken into the salad container, grounded some black pepper into it, drizzled balsamic vinegar, applied the lid, then gave the container a few good shakes. And check out my 64-ounce water bottle! I loaded it up with some Crystal light and off I went to eat lunch on the road. As long as I have things prepped, eating away from home is so easy.
My goals for this weekend:
- Egg white omelette breakfasts
- Two hikes this weekend with zeh puppeh
A few for next week:
- Weigh in Wednesday morning – and stop fretting about it
- Do at least ONE workout session from the Nike app
- Keep on the good fight 😀
Have a good day, see ya tomorrow!