Thanks to a reality check from RealAge, I need to reevaluate my health goals, since they say I’m living a year older than what I am now. (Ug) (Blue = RealAge recommendations)
- Quit Smoking – 2004
- Gave up soda – 2005
- Became a vegetarian – 4 months
- Exercise everyday – today will be Day 43 in a row
- Quit coffee – One month +
- Know my blood pressure – I’ll have to start making a special monthly trip to CVS to get the skinny on that
- Keep allergies under control – My Dr prescribed me Qvar way back when… I need to start taking it daily again (esp with winter around the corner). RealAge also recommends washing my hair after dark to get rid of pollen and dust spores.
- Test cholesterol – Geez I’m only 28! But it’s never too late, I guess. I have a physical in a couple of months, so I’ll do it then.
- Brush and floss better – 2 min brushing, floss daily. I need to go to the dentist.
- Take in more calcium – Osteoporosis, etc.
- Eat a more well-balanced diet – Turns out just eating not fattening foods isn’t enough. I’m already watching everything I eat so why not go a bit further with the balancing act?
- Strength-building exercises – I guess it’s back to Curves for me… RealAge says I should be doing this at least 90 minutes per week.
- Know my heart rate numbers – I used to do this at Curves, so no big deal.
Strangely, the RealAge test never asked me about my water and caffeine intake. I would those items would make at least somewhat of an impact on one’s health.